NOT EMPTY City Sketches Workshop
NOT EMPTY City Sketches Workshop
A) 2022.10.08 (Sat)
B) 2022.10.16 (Sun)
C) 2022.10.23 (Sun)
12 for each session
1/F Multi-Function Room, 618 Shanghai Street
Vvzela Kook has created many works on urban morphology and historical research since 2015, gradually developed her method of using croquis sketches to observe the city and record the research process. In this workshop, the artist will share her research process on using drawing to do records in past works, introduce her usual drawing tools and how to use them. Finally, she will observe and perform croquis sketching in Mong Kok with fellow participants to fill the city’s “emptiness”.
- Suitable for ages 12 or above.
- Conducted in Cantonese.
- Enquiry: 3959 3523 | 2820 1083 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/ or vary advertised programmes. In case of dispute, the decision of HKADC is final.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council fully supports freedom of artistic expression. The views and opinions expressed in this programme do not represent the stand of the Council.
- Please read the Notes on Participation, Anti-epidemic Measurements and Entry Guidelines and Inclement Weather Arrangements before registration.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start time and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- There is no parking and storage services.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’, partnersr(s) and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion purpose only.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there is any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council (HKADC) reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the activities at its own discretion. Should there be any changes or cancellations, please follow our latest updates on website and social media platforms.
- All participants must wear masks properly throughout the event and are required take temperature check before admission. Visitors not wearing masks or have fever symptoms will not be admitted.
- All visitors are required to use the “LeaveHomeSafe” app to scan the venue QR code and present their COVID-19 vaccination records or relevant exemption certificate to the on-site staff in accordance with the Vaccine Pass. (Latest arrangement: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/vp_t1_ENG.pdf)
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council will review the latest situation of COVID-19 and adjust the measurements and guidelines accordingly.
- If the signal is hoisted before 10:00 a.m., all on-date programmes will be cancelled.
- If the signal will be hoisted during the activities, all on-date programmes will be cancelled.
- If the programme is cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, no substitute time slots will be provided.
Vvzela Kook is a new media artist who mainly works in audiovisual mediums, including performance, theatre, computer graphics, and drawing. Kook’s video works combine technology with her artistic practice to reproduce and convert urban cityscapes into an integrated virtual experience, guiding the audience on a cybernetic journey. The condensed textures in her works connect with sensual levels in our perception and reintroduce the unexplored potential of video as a medium. The narrative plays a vital role in her work, the transmedia storytelling is part of the artistic concept. Especially the mixing of delicate drawings, 3D printing, and video game optics in her videos show the wide range of media and materials the artist uses to translate her research-based projects visually.
Kook has participated in and shown her works in Kathmandu Triennial (2022), Para Site(2020), C-Lab Taipei (2019), MoCA Taipei (2019), Asia Society Hong Kong Centre (2019), Tai Kwun (2019), Microwave International Media Festival in Hong Kong (2018, 2016), PuSh Performing Art Festival in Vancouver (2017), Centre for Heritage Arts and Textile (2017), K11 Shanghai (2016), Hong Kong Arts Festival (2015), and “89+” program (2012) co-curated by Hans Ulrich Obrist and Simon Castets.