Performative Workshop: GO! Cells
PERFORMATIVE WORKSHOP: "GO! CELLS"
(Sat & Sun)
14:00 – 17:00
Multi-Function Room EF
(G/F, The Center,
99 Queen’s Road)
Media can be interconverted from one to another. Sounds can be converted to images, and images to sounds.
This workshop creates a wide variety of instrumental devices and discovers the possibilities of Tech-Art under the current restrictions of technology by combining electronic components with everyday objects. In this two-day workshop, participants will kick-start the experience from establishment to fulfilment and learn the operation theories of fundamental electronic components and welding techniques and more. Finally, participants will exhibit the fruition of this workshop by a short demonstration.
- Participants need to bring along a laptop and pre-download a software designated by the instructors before the workshop.
- Suitable for ages 12 or above.
- Conducted in Cantonese.
- Enquiry: 3959 3523 | 2820 1083 | email@example.com
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/ or vary advertised programmes. In case of dispute, the decision of HKADC is final.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council fully supports freedom of artistic expression. The views and opinions expressed in this programme do not represent the stand of the Council.
- Please read the Notes on Participation, Anti-epidemic Measurements and Entry Guidelines and Inclement Weather Arrangements before registration.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start time and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- There is no parking and storage services.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’, partnersr(s) and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion purpose only.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there is any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council (HKADC) reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the activities at its own discretion. Should there be any changes or cancellations, please follow our latest updates on website and social media platforms.
- All participants must wear masks properly throughout the event and are required take temperature check before admission. Visitors not wearing masks or have fever symptoms will not be admitted.
- All visitors are required to use the “LeaveHomeSafe” app to scan the venue QR code and present their COVID-19 vaccination records or relevant exemption certificate to the on-site staff in accordance with the Vaccine Pass. (Latest arrangement: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/vp_t1_ENG.pdf)
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council will review the latest situation of COVID-19 and adjust the measurements and guidelines accordingly.
- If the signal is hoisted before 10:00 a.m., all on-date programmes will be cancelled.
- If the signal will be hoisted during the activities, all on-date programmes will be cancelled.
- If the programme is cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, no substitute time slots will be provided.
FUNG WING LAM
Fung Wing Lam is a new media artist and interactive designer. She graduated from the School of Creative Media at City University of Hong Kong, majoring in New Media (Bachelor of Arts and Science). Most of her works are inspired by experiences in the daily life, making use of the environment, body sensations and spatial elements as the media to express her artistic ideas through electronic devices, images, and programming devices.
Fung received the Silver Award (Interactive Media Category) at the 19th ifva Festival in 2014, and her works were exhibited in Art Basel Hong Kong (2021), Cattle Depot Artist Village (2020), PMQ (2019), Hong Kong City Hall (2018), JCCAC (2018) and Hong Kong Arts Centre (2014). She was an installation art designer and engineer in art projects including Human + Machine NOW, Emergency Kit & Wishing Pool, Another Music in Anticlockwise, Over The Ocean, and so on.
Seth Hon Ka Chun graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Design, and is a member of the Hong Kong-Taiwan new media art team Dimension Plus.
Hon’s works focus mainly on displaying data in different perspectives and dimensions, presenting them through different media such as video and sculpture. He has been active in international festivals and exhibitions including Ars Electronica in Linz, Austria, Surfaces Festival in Venice, and Nuit Blanche in Taipei. He was the recipient of Taiwan’s Golden Pin Design Award – Best Design of the Year; German Design Award; Design for Asia Awards – Gold Award; and Macau Design Award – Best Gold, among others.